Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bringing your A game

Short blog this time. It's really more of a question and a reminder to myself.

God has given us the greatest gift of all time. Nothing can exceed the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross and the hope we have in his resurrection. What have we given in return? There's really nothing that can compare.

One morning when I was praying before work, a question popped in my head. "Are you bringing your A game?" Am I bringing my best everyday? Honestly, no. It is easy to coast in this world. Too easy. It is a tough road to cut out the slacking, but it is worth giving my best effort.

To be clear, bringing my A game isn't out of a sense of obligation. I want to give my best to God. I'm not any less deserving of His forgiveness when I fall short and my salvation isn't dependent on how well I do.

We all need to bring our best to God. Bring your A game. Bring it on!

No comments: